Porter Fire provides fire door inspections and remedial works to safeguard escape routes from smoke in the event of emergency evacuation.
In order to comply with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, fire door installation and maintenance is a key requirement for every business and establishment to which the Order applies.
In the event of a fire, when used as part of the passive fire protection of the building, a well maintained and fully operational fire door will help prevent the spread of fire and smoke between separate compartments of a structure and enable occupants to escape safely from the building.
Porter Fire works with customers to ensure their fire doors will be effective in the event of an emergency. We are able to offer servicing, repair and replacement with little disruption to your business.
Maintenance of Fire Doors
• A regular fire door inspection is recommended to ensure the safety of your property and people. In most cases a bi-annual inspection is recommended to monitor any wear, allowing for replacement of parts, although where doors are used more heavily, there should be an increased frequency of inspection, on which Porter Fire can advise.
• While bi-annual inspections are a recommendation by BS9999, it is also important that daily and monthly visual inspections are made to check for any potential problems.
• Daily checks should include visual inspection of and testing of automatic release mechanisms.
• Monthly checks include: testing the fail-safe mechanisms for automatic doors; testing the operation of hold-open devices under a simulated loss of power or fire alarm; and testing the correct operation of panic hardware on emergency and panic doors.
• Regular inspections and checks should be recorded and dated by the responsible person with repair or replacement of faulty doors taking place as a priority with any such repairs recorded.
This simple ten-point checklist gives an overview of what to consider when inspecting your company’s fire doors:
Answer a few simple questions, and we’ll create an instant quote for the services you need.
Would you consider your premises high risk or complex?
Number of control panels
Number of fire detectors
Number of manual call points
Would you like a quote for annual testing of your emergency lighting?
Number of emergency lights
Would you like a quote for servicing your fire extinguishers?
Number of fire extinguishers
Enter your email address and see results